Saturday, November 1, 2008

Erika Interviews Dan about Knitting

Me=Erika
D=Dan
(words)=Erika's side comments

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?

D: I guess when you make me stuff. No, my favorite thing about your knitting is that you are making something. That you're engaging in an ancient art. There's a real DIY, punk rock asthetic to it.

Me: What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?

D: That it prevents you from cuddling me on the couch.

Me: What is something I have knitted, that you recall as good?

D: Everything. I've never seen you make anything that I wouldn't consider as good. (ah, that's sweet)

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?

D: Uh, no. I don't really pay attention to what you spend on yarn and needles. (that's a good thing!)

Me: Do you have a stash of any kind?

D: Me? YES I have a huge music stash. CDs, Vinyl, Cassettes, that's my stash. (our house looks like a record store/yarn shop)

Me: Have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public?

D: No. (but I think I've embarrassed other people...)

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?

D: No. You like natural more than synthetic. Wool? Do you like wool the most? (yes, usually)

Me: Can you name another knitting blog?

D: Yeah, the Yarn Harlot has a knitting blog. I don't know the name of it though. (it's the yarnharlot.ca)

Me: Do you mind my wanting to stop at knit shops wherever we go?

D: No.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
D: Uh, kind of. (yeah, me too)
Me: Do you read my blog?

D: No. Occasionally, but not regularly.

Me: Have you ever left a comment?

D: Yes.

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?

D: No. I like that there are balls of yarn and needles everywhere. (neither of us clean!)

Me: Anything you'd like to add?

S: I think knitting is awesome. The only thing I don't like is when you won't cuddle me on the couch because of it.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I love the dialogue! Fun! :) I want you to knit something that's not for a Christmas gift, so you can show us pictures!! :)

Nate and Michelle said...

Ok... so you're interviewing D until the very last thing and then someone called 'S' appears and says they want you to cuddle them on the couch just as 'D' had said earlier... I'm confused. :) Just kidding. Nice entry sister. and keep knitting! If you're making me something, go ahead and post it. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Nate and I are probably going to Texas for Christmas... so hopefully I get to hang out with you for THanksgiving.