Saturday, November 8, 2008

Unwinding the ball

This semester is finally calming down. With the push of a button I turned in a very large paper, which I considered the biggest project of the semester, and now I feel I can breathe a bit. And blog a bit.

I've been furiously (well, sort of ) working on items for the craft fair next weekend. I'm not sure how it will go but I think it will be really fun. Mostly I'll get to hang out with my sister all day...which doesn't happen all that often.
One of the little mittens, up close.
Here is the pile I have so far. I have no idea what kind of prices I should put on this stuff. Any ideas?
I've also started something with this awesome (and not cheap) yarn. I am a little upset with this project right now...okay with myself, for not getting my gauge right...so I've put it aside in protest for a few days and finished a project for myself.
But isn't the yarn cool looking?


This is a vest that I found in one of my knitting magazines and decided to try. It was really fast and I wore it to work yesterday. Believe it or not, this was the first item (besides a scarf or a hat) that I've made for myself and been able to wear as an outfit. It actually gave me hope for finishing the above project and I will soon pick it back up, I'm sure.

I also found this beret pattern and decided to make one for a friend. It is definitely not a beret for warmth...for style, sure. Not exactly my style, but the receiver will totally be able to rock it.

And that's all for now.

1 comment:

Nate and Michelle said...

i like that hat on your head... it's neat looking. you should make me knit again... i liked it... the little that i could do that is. :)