Monday, October 6, 2008

In-Class Knitting: Sanity Saver!

I am taking a much needed day off today. I plan on doing nothing but knitting and heading outside to enjoy the Laramie fall weather....

Because, frankly, it's beautiful right now; A little windy, but that's why fall doesn't last long around here and I should get out and enjoy it while I can, right?

This weekend was another jam-packed, fun-filled, social work weekend. Which means I am quite exhausted. Last week at work was pretty rough too so...today I've decided to decompress.

I finished this scarf for Josh...modeled by Dan. I really am not a fan of scarf knitting but Josh has been asking for over a year now. He wore it for our entire 8 hour class, so he must like it, or maybe he was just indulging me. Either way, I was elated to finish it!

This one is in 2X2 ribbing with Lamb's Pride worsted weight in the closest to "baby blue (as requested by Josh)" that I could find, which wasn't very close but whatever....

I am still working on the baby blanket. I actually made a lot of progress this weekend and hope to finish it today.

Scarves and blankets are kind of the same for me: boring. But they are great for what I will refer to as lecture knitting because they require little concentration and allow for premium listening. At least 2 other knitters/crocheters joined me for lecture knitting this weekend.

Maybe by graduation we'll all be in-class knitting experts...it certainly keeps me sane, which has not been exactly easy this semester. I truly would be lost without my needles and yarn.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I can imagine that knitting would help with the more boring factor of...sitting, listening, blah blah blah. I've been thinking a lot about starting up some knitting..:) I can't really afford to add any new interests right now though. Maybe soon. :)

Nate and Michelle said...

they let you knit in class? That's awesome. I really should learn how to do knit again... maybe I never forgot the one thing I knew... I should try and then ask you for help if I am feeling lost. :)