Monday, September 22, 2008

Social Work Knitter

This weekend (and all day Friday!) I had the priviledge of attending classes for my social work degree. I guess I shouldn't speak with such sarcasm because, truly, my education is a priviledge. It just wears on me to be in class for three days straight (8:30-5:30) after working a full week...but it's what I signed up for so, suck it up.
And suck it up I did.

Along with learning some of the wonderful ways to deal with people in crisis, I also knit these mittens for dan.
Bright orange, of course. After finishing these gems, I also started a new blankie for Miles (AKA the future owner of the Baseball Tee, which is also coming along swimmingly).

I made it blurry in case the future mother sees the blog (at least that's what we'll say). That way she can't make out the cuteness and softness of the blanket. My sister wants me to join some sort of craft fair in the next month or two. I think that would be totally fun but I'm a little bit worried about knitting enough things to sell as well as all the projects that I have bouncing around in my head.

It is fall now, and that means crunch time. If I want to knit presents for everyone I gotta get going. Even though I said I wasn't going to, I love those mittens and they are so fast! What to do, what to do???

I don't know, but I'm really excited to knit with this:


It is new handpainted yarn from Brown Sheep. More on this later...

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Love your slippers! I'll be checking your blog, too, and hoping to see you get hooked on socks--better than being hooked on phonics, I think!