Thursday, September 18, 2008

Do Babies Need Pockets?

Of course they do! Actually I have bipassed the pocket on baby clothes before (okay, just once before on a coat that I am still making) but this one is so cute I had to make it. Often when I am knitting something new I get nervous that something will be more difficult than it turns out to be. After I get the difficult thing finished I think to myself, "Oh, that wasn't hard at all. I'm a brilliant knitter!"


And while this may be true (actually, not true at all because I just bound off the little pocket lining instead of putting it on a holder) I really think I just get too uptight about making mistakes. So here is the progress on the baseball tee for the little buddy:



Along with the bound-off instead of a held-on pocket lining. I'll make another one tomorrow, yeesh! Too tired right now. I love the colors and the yarn is very soft. I hope to finish it this weekend while learning about all the wonderful social work things I will be learning about (Friday-Sunday all day, by the way).


And here are the mittens I've finished and since dispersed.
These were a practice pair that I gave to the future mother of the future baseball tee owner. My first pair, with only a few mistakes. I like them.


I did the wrist different on all of them and definitely like the ribbing the most.


Again, the pattern is my adaptation from the book listed a few blogs down. I just bought some really bright orange yarn to make some for D. He always says I forget about him...so he's next. I'll probably start now...I know, I said I was tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course babies need pockets - where else would they keep their cigarettes?

Lianne said...

Hi, Erika! Even though I'm knitting-ignorant...I love your blog! You'll have to check out my blog. I have a whole post about the hat you made Sadie. It was sometime last month...you should put a link to that post here on your knitting blog..because everyone should see that cute hat!

Nate and Michelle said...

so i didn't get to your blog post yet, but here's a comment about the craft fair. You should try to do it, or at least send me a bunch of stuff and I'll sell it for you and give you the profits. It would be cool. The school can't have the fair without 20 booths, so I hope it works out! Let me know what you think. And you should call me back!

Nate and Michelle said...

who's having the baby? and your knitting rocks! That's what I should be doing instead of selling candles. Knitting.