Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Know this is a Knitting Blog...

BUT...

I've had a cookie breakthrough! Yes, that's right a cookie breakthrough. You may not have known this but I was a quest for a chocolate chip cookie that did not end up looking like this and I found them and even made them myself. Now I'm sure those cookies actually taste pretty good. In general, I find that cookies taste good no matter what. But I think we all know that they taste so good because of all the butter, sugar and CHOCOLATE that is in them. And, if they look "bad" who cares. Right? Right.
But I still wanted to be able to make cookies that look like they could have been purchased at a sea level bakery. Anyone who lives at this altitude knows that baking is not exactly easy. But this recipe worked.
See!

Not only do they look good; they taste really great, they're not greasy, they're super moist, they have NO BUTTER, they require NO MIXER!, and they only took 45 minutes (from pulling all the ingredients out to shutting off the oven), no kidding.

Here's the link to the recipe I used. And my list of altercations (of course i made altercations!):

I used 1/2 c. whole wheat flour in addition to the 1 1/2 c. flour suggested

I added 1/4 c. plain yogurt (I mixed it in with egg, sugar etc.)

You can add these or not but I do think the yogurt adds to the overall super moistness of any baked item. Just be sure to add more flour (whether it's wheat or not doesn't matter, i just like the taste of wheat flour) if you use the yogurt.

MMM! They are delicious!

and because this is a knitting blog :)...this is my most recent project, almost finished. Do you think it has anything to do with my quest for the perfect CHOCOLATE chip cookie?

1 comment:

Nate and Michelle said...

i do not know what your knitting project has to do with those good looking cookies, but i do want to know if you rode your bike out to that sign just to post a pic on the blog. No? Yes? It would be a good reason for a bike ride.