Monday, February 9, 2009

Barely Knitting...Or Anything Else

Famous last words: "I haven't been sick in at least 2 years! Can you believe that?"

This said two days(!) before the worst cold in a decade hit me like a ton of bricks. I even went to a doctor. That is a big deal for me. Okay, well, the real reason I went (get ready to laugh just like my dear husband did) was because I saw a mouse in our garage in October, I think, and wanted to rule out Hantavirus. Yeah, I know. Laugh it up. The doc couldn't do anything, kind of laughed at me, and told me to start a Vitamin D regimen (he was realllllly into Vitamin D).

Today is Day 6 of stated illness and I am at about 60%. I thought I would be 100% by now but I was wrong. Who ever heard of a cold lasting more than 3 days?? This is ridiculous. Thankfully I worked out my practicum schedule so that I have Mondays off "to work on my research." So I am not missing yet another day of work.
The knitting has entirely slowed down. I only finished 2 things over this long period of time on the couch. One of the projects was not on the list but I squeezed it in for a friend's birthday gift.
Blanket #2 of 3. I like the stripes:
And Katie's present:
In other news: my husband is great! he gave me many presents for my birthday, as seen here and most of them had to do with knitting...what a man!

3 comments:

ProudMom said...

Good to see you blogging. :) Sorry you're sick...but I'm glad it's not the hantavirus. Although, did they actually run the test??? :) I want to get together. How's next Monday looking? Will you be healthy by then?

Rochelle Ray said...

Eriquita-bonita-chiquita-banana!!! I miss you so much! I'm glad you have a blog... I didn't even know you liked to knit!?!? You didn't when you lived with us did you?
How's married life?
Love you.

Nate and Michelle said...

ok... the sickness has now hit Nate and I both and it sucks! He thought he had CO poisoning from the shop at work... he's still not sure if the blood test the doc ordered ruled that out... gotta love doctors. I didn't get as sick, but I missed 2 days of work and am not feeling even 50% better yet. I hope this goes away soon! I hope you are better now too!