Sunday, February 22, 2009

Craftivism

That's what we did last Monday night. The CVS at UW hosted a KNIT-IN to benefit one of the elementary schools here in town. The purpose was for knitters and crocheters to make as many scarves, hats, mittens, and other wintry items as possible in 4 hours. I cheated and started ahead of time, as I think many people did.

It was a great event. Every table was full of people knitting or crocheting for a cause. And, apparently many thought it would be a good place to learn to knit or crochet because I ended teaching about 6 people how to knit.

This left little time for me to finish my project,
which I ended up turning in a few days later. Although I did finish Dan's project which was also a beanie that I forgot to photograph...oops!

In other knitting news: I forgot to mention that I finished Dan's slippers (in January, I think). These were on that large list of items I wanted to get done by March.

Side note: I love that my husband knits!

They turned out pretty nice. They fit and all. I think I've finally tweaked that slipper pattern enough to make them work with cheaper yarn than the pattern calls for. And, I guess I was in a hat mood after all that craftivism so I knitted up this little ditty for a co-worker's new baby.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

1 comment:

Nate and Michelle said...

that little hat is so cute!!