Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby Clothes

Thanks to many wonderful friends, I now have a closet full of baby clothes and other baby items. As nice as it is to have all these clothes, that will surely get a lot of use, I just couldn't resist making some items from scratch. This first item is a pea coat that I started almost 2 years ago on my honeymoon. That may sound strange, I know Dan was freaked out by this, but I didn't know who the coat would end up on at the time, I just wanted something small and easy to make for our travel-full honeymoon.

Needless to say, without a person in mind to give this to, it was put down into the bottom of the basket many times over the last year and a half. When I found out we were having a boy, I knew who the owner would be. The remaining pieces knit up quickly. I love the hood.

This is a little beanie that I have in mind for his first ride in the car. I made it out of the leftover yarn from the next two items.

Shirt and pants to match. Very cute and soft and a lot bigger than I thought they would be. They probably won't be worn home from the hospital but maybe a few months afterwards. I still need to get some buttons for the shirt.

That's a start. I've got a few more things I'm working on and hope to have done before little one shows his face. Dan's been knitting too...baby should be set!

1 comment:

Nate and Michelle said...

Those clothes are precious. Did you get your stuff we sent to you? Let me know...